Key Figures Trucks
|Investment in property, plant and equipment||1,028||1,243|
|Research and development expenditure||1,322||1,265|
|thereof capitalized development expenditure||45||57|
in million EUR
|Employees (December 31)||2017||2016|
|Rest of world||34,057||33,414|
|thereof: United States||140,200||121,600|
|Latin America (excluding Mexico)||30,500||27,500|
|BFDA (Auman Trucks)||112,400||77,800|
|Total (including BFDA)||583,100||492,900|
|Daimler Trucks employees (31.12.)|
|From Daimler Trucks||On Site|
|Daimler Trucks in Europa|
|Daimler Trucks in Latin America|
|São Bernardo do Campo (Brazil)||7,085||7,085|
|Juiz de Fora (Brazil)||696||696|
|Daimler Trucks in NAFTA|
|Portland (United States)||2,844||2,844|
|Cleveland (United States)||1,844||1,844|
|Mount Holly (United States)||1,568||1,568|
|Redford (United States)||2,497||2,497|
|High Point (United States)||1,944||1,944|
|Santiago Tianguistenco (Mexico)||2,716||2,716|
|Daimler Trucks in Asia|
1Incl. other small locations in Japan
|Major markets of Daimler Trucks (units)|
|1. United States||140,200||121,600|
|10. UAE Dubai||10,000||6,200|
*based on estimates in certain markets
- Includes content supplied by IHS Automotive, Copyright © IHS Global SA, 2018. All rights reserved, status as of February 2018.
- CV are trucks with a GVW larger than 6 t, including US school bus chassis. Excluded are all other buses and coaches, off-highway trucks as well as trucks that are not registered (military, airport).
- Information consolidated on Group level. Group is defined as the organization (typically publicly listed) which owns or controls truck brands. Brands belong to a group if the share is 50.1 % or more.
- Figures are related to trucks that have been registered and are in operation – these exclude off-highway, military vehicles.
- 2017 data is based on reported numbers by agencies, in the unlikely event of data changes by agencies, IHS Automotive may have to adjust historical numbers.
- Volvo Global Trucks excluding Eicher JV registrations.