Engines, axles, transmissions, components
Foundation year: 1904
Number of employees: around 19,000
- The Untertürkheim location is home to the development, production and shipment of engines, transmissions and axles, as well as the Daimler Group headquarters.
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Untertürkheim has traditions extending back over more than 110 years and is the lead plant in the worldwide powertrain production network and for electric powertrains.
- The plant is a high-tech location for the production of highly efficient engines and alternative drive systems.
- In the future the location will also produce batteries for electric vehicles. Two battery factories are under construction. This will make Untertürkheim part of the global battery production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars, which has locations on three continents.
- The plant has a total of six annexes. While Untertürkheim and Bad Cannstatt produce engines and also house the forge, the transmissions are produced in Hedelfingen. Axle production and the foundry are in Mettingen. Training is based in Brühl, and flexible production in Sirnau.
- Untertürkheim also has a research & development unit with a banked curve for vehicle testing.