Mercedes-Benz E-Class (Saloon and Estate), S-Class (Saloon, Coupé, Cabriolet), CLS, Mercedes-Maybach, Mercedes-AMG GT family, GLA
Foundation year: 1915
Number of employees: > 25,000
Annual production figure: > 330,000
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Sindelfingen has a history going back over one hundred years, and has the longest traditions of any Daimler AG plant. It is the centre of excellence for the production of vehicles, in future also electric vehicles, in the executive and luxury class within the worldwide production network.
- Sindelfingen is where the Mercedes-Benz flagship model, the S-Class, is produced. The successful E-Class Saloon, Estate and the off-road variant All Terrain as well as the Mercedes-AMG GT family are also produced here.
- The central functions of production planning, TECFACTORY, logistics and quality management for the production organisation of Mercedes-Benz Cars are also sited in the direct vicinity, as well as the headquarters of the MBC procurement organisation. This proximity to the central functions makes the Sindelfingen location unique.
- Sindelfingen is also the home of group research and development, and the Daimler AG design department. “Factory 56”, one of the world’s most cutting-edge automobile production facilities, is under construction in Sindelfingen: Under the motto “digital, flexible, green”, the facility is systematically and comprehensively dedicated to innovative technologies and processes in vehicle production. “Factory 56” is the blueprint for all future vehicle production operations at Mercedes-Benz Cars worldwide. This makes Sindelfingen one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for safety, innovation and design in automobile engineering. The location has a total workforce of around 25,000.
- In the future the location will also produce batteries for electric vehicles. This will make Sindelfingen part of the global battery production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars, which has locations on three continents.
- Direct adjoining the plant is the Mercedes-Benz Customer Centre Sindelfingen, where around 250 vehicles are handed over each day.