Mercedes-Benz CLS, E-Class (Sedan and Wagon), S-Class (Sedan, Coupé, Cabriolet), Mercedes-AMG GT family, Mercedes-Maybach
Plant founded: 1915
Number of employees: > 25,000
Annual production: > 310,000
- With a history reaching back more than 100 years, the Mercedes-Benz plant in Sindelfingen is the most time-honored vehicle plant at Daimler AG. It is the competence center for the production of upper-range and luxury class vehicles (including electric ones in the future) within the global production network.
- Sindelfingen manufactures the S-Class, the flagship vehicle from Mercedes-Benz.
- In addition, the facility produces the Sedan and Wagon models of the successful E-Class as well as the car’s All-Terrain off-road variant.
- Next to the plant are various central functions (Manufacturing Engineering, the TECFABRIK, logistics, and quality management of the production organization of Mercedes-Benz Cars) and the headquarters of the MBC procurement organization. This proximity to central divisions makes the facility in Sindelfingen unique.
- The site in Sindelfingen also contains the Group Research unit of Daimler AG as well as the Development and Design departments of Daimler. The Sindelfingen location is thus one of the world’s leading centers of competence for automotive safety, innovation, and design. Around 35,000 people are currently employed at the location.
- The plant is being comprehensively modernized without interrupting production in order to safeguard its future.
- The modernization measures include the creation of Factory 56, one of the most advanced automobile production facility in the world. The Factory 56 assembly hall will redefine the way cars are made. In accordance with its slogan, the facility is “digital, flexible, green.”
- The Mercedes-Benz Customer Center Sindelfingen is located right next to the plant. Here, more than 250 vehicles are delivered to customers every day.