Mercedes-Benz A and B-Class, GLA
Foundation year: 1992
Number of employees: > 6,500
Annual production figure: around 300,000
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Rastatt is the lead plant in the worldwide production network for compact vehicles. This also includes the Hungarian plant in Kecskemét, the Chinese production location BBAC in Beijing and the contractor Valmet Automotive in Uusikaupunki, Finland. In 2018, these were joined by the joint venture production plant COMPAS in Mexico and the Hambach plant in France.
- In 2018, the location produced the A- and B-Class plus the GLA.
- The first Mercedes-Benz A-Class left the production line there in 1997, starting the success story of compact cars from Mercedes-Benz.
- In 2018, production of the new A- and B-Class commenced in Rastatt.
- The plant is the largest industrial employer in the region.
- In the future the location is also to produce compact electric vehicles under the EQ product and technology brand.
- The Mercedes-Benz Customer Centre Rastatt directly adjoins the plant. Around 200 vehicles are collected there each day.
- Customers are able to test the off-road capabilities and assistance systems of their Mercedes-Benz car on the “A-Rock” driving circuit with an event area directly next to the plant. The site also has space for open-air events with up to 7,000 visitors.