Drive batteries based on lithium-ion technology
Foundation year: 2009
Number of employees: around 1,000
- Deutsche Accumotive was founded in 2009, and as a wholly-owned Daimler subsidiary it has produced drive batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles in Kamenz since 2012.
- The Kamenz location is part of the global battery production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars, which has locations on three continents.
- In 2017, the foundation stone was laid for a second battery plant at the location. This battery plant went into operation in 2018, and will commence series production of new batteries in 2019.
- With the new plant, Kamenz has one of the largest and most cutting-edge battery production operations in the worldwide automobile industry.
- Batteries for cars and commercial vehicles are produced here. These also include the all-electric models under the product and technology brand EQ. Large-scale production will start in 2019.
- The extension has resulted in a four-fold increase in the production and logistical area in Kamenz, to a total of around 80,000 sq. m.
- The second battery plant is designed as a CO2-neutral plant: in conjunction with geothermal energy, a block heating power plant and a photovoltaic system supply the production facilities with energy.
- With its state-of-the-art systems and technologies, the new battery plant sets standards with respect to Industry 4.0.