Axles and axle components, steering columns, components for exhaust emission technology and lightweight structural parts
Plant founded: 1935
Number of employees: > 2,500
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Hamburg is an important part of the powertrain production network and a high-tech location for drive system components for electric mobility.
- Added to this are the plant’s traditional products, which range from axles and axle components to steering columns,lightweight structural parts, and components for exhaust emission technology.
- Every Mercedes-Benz car contains at least one product from the Hamburg plant.
- Environmental management has been an integral part of the Mercedes-Benz plant in Hamburg for many years now and has a high priority.
- Founded in 1935 under the name Vidal & Sohn Tempowerk GmbH, the Hamburg plant became a part of the former Daimler-Benz AG in 1978.