Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Sedan, Wagon, Coupé, Cabriolet), E-Class (Coupé and Cabriolet), GLC, GLC Coupé, SL, SLC
Plant founded: 1938
Number of employees: Approx. 12,500
Annual production: > 420,000
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen is the region’s biggest private-sector employer and the lead plant for the C-Class. The most-produced model in the Mercedes-Benz product range is also manufactured under the leadership of the Bremen plant in East London, South Africa, Tuscaloosa, USA, and the BBAC joint venture plant in Beijing, China.
- The Bremen facility also serves as the lead plant for controlling the manufacturing activities of the GLC within the global production network.
- The plant is currently manufacturing ten models, which is the largest number of variants built by any facility within the Mercedes-Benz Cars production network.
- The Bremen plant received the Automotive Lean Production Award for its highly flexible production. In recognition of its innovative approach, the plant also received the Industrial Excellence Award in the Start-up category.
- Beginning in 2019, the facility will manufacture the EQC, the first electric vehicle of the new product and technology brand, EQ.
- In the future, the Bremen plant will produce the entire range of intelligent drive system technologies.
- The “gate” to the plant is the Mercedes-Benz Customer Center Bremen, which delivers up to 200 vehicles to customers each day. The Customer Center is a popular event venue for the surrounding region and offers a variety of plant tours. A special highlight is The Rock! off-road obstacle course.