CAMTRONIC, engines, components
Foundation year: 1902
Number of employees: > 2,500
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Berlin is an important part of the powertrain production network, and one of the major industrial employers in the Berlin-Brandenburg region.
- The Berlin location is expanding its product portfolio with the assembly of an electric drive module for future models under the EQ product and technology brand.
- The plant is a high-tech location for component production, with technologies for the reduction of CO2 emissions.
- These technologies also include the innovative CAMTRONIC engine timing. The location is the centre of excellence for this variable valve adjustment system in the worldwide powertrain production network.
- Founded in 1902, the Berlin plant is Daimler’s oldest producing location.